Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fluff

Tonight we begin our cloth diaper adventure.........

 I am all set with everything I need, I think. We will begin by "prepping" all of the diapers by washing them multiple times to get them to fluff aka become more absorbent. I had to buy special cloth diaper detergent, Rockin Green which is also a detergent specifically for hard water/well water. 

How I will be prepping them (and then further washing): 
Shells-Wash in hot wash with detergent ONCE. 
Microfiber Inserts: Wash in hot wash with detergent THREE times. 
Hemp, Organic Cotton and Bamboo Inserts: Wash in hot wash with detergent FOUR times (separate from the mircrofiber for the prepping)

So, tonight begins the wash cycle. Keep in mind, this may be shocking, but I don't do the laundry in this household. That chore is completed by my lovely husband CJ. So, in order to begin this adventure and get CJ completely on board (at least 95% on board) we agreed I will be doing the cloth diapering laundry. So, I will get a lesson tonight in how to use my washing machine, which I can count on one hand the times I have used it to date, and will be a washing fool tonight. My hope is to have all the diapers ready for this weekend to try. 

I have to give a shout out to my friend Nicole Leary's and her company, Tummy2Bummy. She has been more than helpful in providing me all the information and answering all the questions I have had on cloth diapering. She has made my decision to try cloth, that much easier. Her company offers a wide variety of brand and accessories to make cloth diapering a "piece of cake". Next week, I will blog on our first experiences, but hoping to get through the weekend disposable free. 

Below is the beginning of my "stash":

Alva Brand Pockets

Kawaii Brand Pockets

Bonnibuns Hybrid AI2

Microfiber and Hemp insterts
We have a few other brands (and styles including pockets, AIO, AI2, and Fitteds with Shells) on their way including Charlie Banana, Best Bottom, GroVia, Rumparooz, and several others. I look forward to writing my reviews on each brand as I am sure I will find my "go to" fluff of choice!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I hope you love cloth as much as I do. I'm always here to answer questions (and go fluff shopping with) :)

    PS- Your Kawaii's are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete